Thursday, June 23, 2011

Currently Obsessed with: Alfred Hitchcock's "Frenzy"


I recently decided that I would no longer review movies on this blog. There are a thousand and one better places to go for scintillating critique than here. It doesn't mean that I won't write about stuff that's on my mind though. Cinema that I love.........cinema that sticks to my brain.........cinema that makes me obsessed. Like when they have a James Bond marathon on TV and I feel compelled to watch every stinking one of them  driving my wife insane in the process. She knows now that I just need to ride it out.....get it out of my system for a while......till the next itch needs scratching.

In 1972 Alfred Hitchcock returns to London and gives us a sample of what he could to with R-rated material with "Frenzy." Some people say "Psycho" was his best work........I say it's "Frenzy." The tale of an impotent serial strangler pulses with amazing characters, dark humor, and some truly incredible camera trickery. If you think older films are too tame to suit your more contemporary tastes, give "Frenzy" a chance to change your mind. It's that good and the reason I'm currently obsessed with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment