Friday, January 25, 2013

J.J. Abrams Reveals Intentions To Take Over Every Film Franchise In The World



Even though fanboys are still catching their collective geeky breath over the news that J.J. Abrams will be directing Star Wars: Episode VII, the typically secretive filmmaker has dropped another bomb at a recent press conference where he revealed his intentions to take over every film franchise in the world. Apparently, being given the keys to two of the most popular sci-fi film licenses ever just wasn't enough for the wunderkind director. "Getting Star Wars was certainly a major coup, and I'm excited to be able to give it the flare that it deserves," said Abrams. "I just feel that unless a production is a Bad Robot production, it's simply not a worthwhile production. My intentions are to add maximum flare to every film franchise that currently exists, and Bad Robot must take over on a global scale to be able to do that! As you can see we've aggressively revamped the company logo and are ready to go so WHO'S WITH ME!?" A clearly stunned collection of journalists could only sit with their mouths agape as Abrams continued on.



a more aggressive Bad Robot logo is only the 1st step...


towards an Abrams dominated film planet


Abrams wouldn't definitively speak about which franchise would be Bad Robot's next acquisition target, but anonymous sources from within the company have reportedly leaked some clues to the internet for speculation.

could Abrams & Bad Robot be the one production company.....


to rule them all?
Abrams has made the first move, but don't expect other production companies to go down without a fight. Hopefully there will be a defensive stand against Bad Robot's bid for global domination, and there may yet be a shot to extinguish some of that excess flare before things really get out of hand.



18 comments:

  1. Very funny, and it could happen.

    James Bond in...Lensflare...Adele could sing the song again. "LENSFLARRRRRRRE! Let it fall!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just imagine the flare when it comes to lightsaber duels!

      Delete
    2. Haha! That would look pretty cool...at least it would be different from the usual battles.

      Delete
  2. Ahahaha... I was just gonna comment on the lens flare thing. Yeah, I think it's too much he's getting Star Trek AND Star Wars! Is he gonna reboot Starship Troopers too then?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's funny I just heard he's now dipping his hand into making films based on video games too. Bad Robot really is taking over the world!

      Delete
  3. I was actually pretty peeved when I heard this news. Star Trek and Star Wars are supposed to be different (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079945/trivia?tab=tr&item=tr0742618) and bringing in a director who borrowed heavily from Wars in his take on Trek pretty much confirms that that was the intention all along.

    Oh well, bring it on anyway! Let's see Abrams take on that Perfect Strangers movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From my perspective, his first Trek movie is too much of an action flick. That's not the worst of its problems, but it's one of them. On the other hand, I don't know what modern audiences would do with a more traditional Trek movie. It might be the case that updating it the way they did is the only way people will still watch it. Maybe, maybe not. I wish that wasn't the case.

      Perfect Strangers? As in, Bronson Pinchot Perfect Strangers? WTF?

      Delete
    2. If Bad Robot deems it worthy to add to the collective, then we shall indeed see a Perfect Strangers film!

      Delete
    3. Haha, sorry I pulled a title out of my ass and it was Perfect Strangers. Could be good though. A mysterious alien/monster is tearing up Mypos and the cousins have to come out of retirement.

      Yeah I really can't see the the public at large these days going for something in the traditional Trek vein. Everyone loved the new Trek because it was filled with young, hot people and featured a lot of laser shooting and fighting.

      I think I recall the filmmakers of these new Treks saying (before production on 2 began) that the sequel might not even really have a villain in the traditional sense. That sounded much more like traditional Trek. Now Cumberbatch's villain is all anyone can talk about.

      Don't get me wrong, I loved the new Trek and I'm really looking forward to the sequel, but I'm worried about Trek and Wars getting too homogenized.

      Delete
    4. All I can do is hope the next one is going to be good. Screw Kirk, I want Captain Balki Bartokomous.

      Delete
  4. I wish he would have taken over the Die Hard series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that doesn't sound like positive endorsement for Die Hard 5......damn....I'll still see it anyways.

      Delete
  5. If he announces he'll make Back To The Future 4 then I'll be happy. I'm not a big fan of Abrams but time travel is never dull, no matter how well it is done. And Back To The Future is the greatest trilogy of ALL TIME! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..okay I take that back - Timerider with Fred Ward is dull as dishwater!

      Delete
    2. ooooo Dan....Fred Ward was Remo Williams. That makes any film starring Remo incredible.....including Timerider. Lyle Swann rules!

      Delete